Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Lemon Olive Oil Cake or just lemon cake for that matter, is easy to make and packed with lemon zest, lemon juice and the delightful enhancement of lemon olive oil.
Servings: 6 mini cakes
- ½ cup lemon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fresh lemon juice equals 1 Tablespoon, 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
Instructions for cakes
In large mixing bowl combine olive oil, eggs, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest. Cream for 2 to 3 minutes.
In large bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Stir into egg mixture and fold.
Spray cake tins with non stick baking spray. Makes 6 cakelets or one 9-inch baking pan.
Bake at 350° degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
Instructions for Lemon Glaze
In medium bowl, mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and melted butter. Blend thoroughly.
With a spoon or pastry icing bag drizzle icing evenly over cakes.
Garnish with lemon zest, blackberries, blueberries or lemon slice. You"re the boss, so you decide.
If you don't have lemon flavored olive oil you can make the following substitutions:
You can also substitute the cake pan we used:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 additional Tablespoons of flour (total 1 cup + 5 Tablespoons)
- 6 mini bundt cakes
- 12 muffin pan size cakes (1/2 cup volume - and we recommend paper liners for cooking to prevent any sticking)
- 1 - 9" inch bake pan
Serving: 6g | Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg