Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
Crispy roasted chickpeas are a great crunchy snack and also perfect to use on salads, on top of soups, or alongside your favorite roasted vegetables.
Servings: 8 servings
- 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
Preheat oven to 350°F
Drain and rinse a 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans). Pat very dry between two paper towels and allow to air dry for 10-minutes. *Residual moisture will cause the chickpeas to steam rather than roast and get crisp.
Toss chickpeas with olive oil and salt
Place chickpeas in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
Roast for 15 minutes, shake the pan, and cook for additional 15 minutes. Check to see if done. If not continue cooking. and continue roasting until crispy, about 30-40 minutes total.
Once crunchy, sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder and cook 5 more minutes.
Remove from sheet pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan
Serve in a bowl, or store in a sealed jar
- These chickpeas are best used same day
- The chickpeas are done when golden in color and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle
- You need 1-2 teaspoons total of spice so use the above suggestions as a guide
Serving: 2ounces | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 165mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg