Tricolore Salad with Oranges
Tricolore Salad has crunchy Red, Green and White lettuces with orange segments and a tangy Champagne vinaigrette dressing.
Servings: 4 servings
Lemon Champagne Dressing
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Champagne vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 head Radicchio, halved, cored and sliced crosswise into 1/2" pieces
- 1 head Endive, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2" pieces
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, sliced crosswise into 1/2" pieces
- 2 oranges, cut into "Supreme" segments* See note for instructions on how to Supreme
Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a glass jar or bowl, whisk (or shake) until completely combined. Set aside.
Mince shallots into a fine dice. Put in a small bowl and pour 1 teaspoon of the vinaigrette over the shallots and marinate them while prepping the lettuce for the salad.
In a large bowl combine prepared radicchio, endive, and spinach. Add marinated shallots and toss well to combine.
Add dressing and toss well to coat ingredients.
Divide into 4 bowls and scatter with the orange slices. Serve.
How to "Supreme" an orange (segments without the membrane)
For a complete lesson on how to 'Supreme" click here
- Slice the ends off
- Slice off the peel and the pith (white part) with a sharp knife following the shape of the sphere
- To remove each segment cut on either side of the membrane toward the core. Do this on both sides until the segment releases.
- Continue around the orange until all segments are released.