I recently had an amazing Sonoma County weekend exploring the beautiful Valley of the Moon. This lovely valley stretches between Santa Rosa to the west and Sonoma on the east. Rich in California wine history the drive on Highway 12 offers a day full of adventure.
A morning stop at Tips Roadside
The morning started with a stop at Tips Roadside for Bloody Mary’s and Bacon Beignets! Yum. The Bloody Mary’s are a good enough reason to stop, but when paired with their Bacon Beignet’s this dining gem is a MUST add to any trip. The staff is amazing and treat you like your family. Next time you are on Highway 12, in Sonoma Country, stop by and enjoy! If you want to make your own bacon beignets try our easy recipe.
Sonoma County Weekend wine tasting options…
When it’s time for wine tasting your options are endless. There is definitely more than you can do in a day so spend the weekend!
Here are just a few favorites.
- St Francis Winery & Vineyards: Join them for the blessing of the animals on the first Sunday in October. All proceeds benefit the Sonoma Humane Society.
- Landmark Vineyards: The exterior patio is great for a picnic and bocce ball. Ask them about their horse-drawn carriage tours. Their wines never disappoint.
- Chateau St. Jean: This historic Chateau is draped in European style and charm, and offers a wide array of tasting options from Wine Flights and Cheese Bites to The Chef’s Table.
- Kunde Family Winery: They have several tasting options, one favorite is their private wine cave tour followed by a ride to their tasting deck with amazing valley views.
- Imagery Winery: This winery offers fun for all, from their outside picnic area with games like Cornhole to Jenga. The winery also pairs art and wine with a unique art collection.
- BR Cohn: Stop and stay. On summer weekends experience great wines along with their summer concert series. The sign on the front gate lets you know if they are offering oysters to pair with their sparkling Brut. Can you say “yes please”!
- Eric Ross: End your day at Eric Ross in Glen Ellen. When you enter the doors to their tasting room you are in for a treat. It is friendly, unrushed and offers a superb line up of great wines.
These are just a few of the amazing wineries Sonoma County has to offer. Keep an eye out for our future wine country adventures.
Dining in Glen Ellen…
The little hamlet of Glen Ellen has a lot to offer from dining, wine tasting, to just lingering the day away. This small wine country jewel is a mix of country comfort and down-home charm. We selected the Glen Ellen Star for dining. Awarded One Michelin star in 2019 this restaurant should not be missed, and reservations are highly recommended. Featuring wood-fired pizzas, roasted vegetables, and an array of seasonal entrees. We enjoyed every minute. This dining experience capped off an incredible Sonoma County weekend. Can’t wait to do it all over again.