Baked Brie with garlic is flavorful & quick
It’s the perfect appetizer!
Did you know that you can cook baked Brie or Camembert right in its little wooden box?
Honestly, does it get any better or easier for a party appetizer? Nope!
This is the perfect party appetizer!
I used to cater a lot of big parties, and even now, my advice to anyone throwing a party or get together is this: Never make more than one appetizer that requires a lot of attention at party time.
Make as many appetizers or pieces of your meal ahead of time as you can because you want to “be a guest at your own party”. If you are stuck in the kitchen you won’t have time to socialize with your friends!
Baked Brie with garlic, thyme, and white wine is so simple and can be prepped in 5 minutes! Perfect party food.
Buying Brie or Camembert
When shopping, look for the 8-ounce Brie or Camembert wheel that comes in the wooden box because that box can serve as your baking dish. If you cannot find it that way you can place the wheel in a smaller baking dish. Use a dish that sort of hugs the Brie so it will keep it’s shape when cooking.
You can also use Camembert for this recipe. Brie is creamier than Camembert because cream is added to Brie during the cheese-making process. They taste similar but Brie has a milder flavor overall.
Easy directions for Baked Brie with Garlic
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. The boxes are not leakproof and your Brie might melt out a bit. To be safe, you can also wrap the outside of the box with foil if you don’t have a baking sheet available.
- Simply unwrap the Brie and place it back in the box. Using a sharp knife make slices or X’s in the top of the Brie, cutting through the rind.
- Push garlic slices or crushed garlic pieces into the slices through the rind
- Pour wine over the top – you can substitute olive oil if you prefer
- Sprinkle with crushed thyme or rosemary
- Bake at 350F for about 15-20 minutes
- Make sure the cheese is bubbling and melty!
Serving Baked Brie
Serve directly in the wooden box on a platter with apples, crackers, and sliced sourdough or french bread.
Looking for additional appetizer ideas?
- Easy Bacon Jam
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings
- Crab Cakes with Cocktail Sauce
- Mini Caprese Skewers
- Bacon Beignets
Baked Brie with Garlic
- 8 oz wheel Brie or Camembert Cheese
- 1 tsp dry white wine, or olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed thyme or rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic slivers or crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper
- Remove the plastic wrap from the wheel of Brie and place it back in the wooden box. If the brie is not in a wooden box then place it in a small ovenproof container.
- Score the top of the Brie with small slices or X's
- Rub garlic into the sliced openings. Pour wine over the top and sprinkle with the thyme.
- Bake directly, uncovered, in the wooden box (or ovenproof dish) for 15-20 minutes until lightly melty and bubbly.
- Place on a platter and serve with bread, crackers, and apple slices