Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are so festive and take just 15-minutes to make!
Perfect for a quick treat or a little packaged gift for the holidays.
These are super easy to put together and you only need 3 ingredients plus decorations. I love to use the bigger pretzels, but you can also use minis or regular size.
Types of Chocolate for Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels:
The possibilities are endless because Chocolate Dipped Pretzels work with white, milk, semi-sweet or dark chocolate. I prefer the taste of dark, but I love the look of the white pretzels! Be sure to use the best quality chocolate available to you, because the chocolate is the shining star in this treat.
Tips for success:
While these are a snap to make there are a few quick tips to ensure success:
- Use bars or chunks of chocolate, but do not use chocolate chips. Chocolate chips have stabilizers in them and you won’t get the nice glossy look you want. Also, the chocolate won’t harden as well.
- Once the chocolate is melted add a small amount of shortening or coconut oil to smooth out the chocolate and create a high gloss.
- Prep everything ahead of time because once you start dipping the pretzels you will want to keep moving. I recommend lining your trays with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, but foil will work. This will prevent the pretzels from sticking to the tray after they are dry.
- Submerge one pretzel at a time and as you lift it out to dry let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. I use a Wilton slotted candy spoon, but you can use a fork just as easily.
- Dry the pretzels for about one hour once they are dipped.
Have fun decorating with sprinkles!
The best part of making Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels is decorating them! So, get out a variety of your favorite sprinkles, chopped nuts, and mini chocolate chips. If you are feeling super ambitious drizzle the opposite color chocolate over the top of the pretzels in a zig-zag fashion.
After you have dipped the pretzels and transferred them to dry just sprinkle the decorations over the top and let sit for about one hour.
These pretzels will keep for about 2-weeks in an airtight container, or you can package in cello or a can for a fun and delicious gift.
Need a few more ideas for sweet treats?
- Easy Drop Sugar Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Baked Churro Donuts
- Cinnamon Baked Pears
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Apples
Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- 8 oz dark, milk or white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening
- 24 large pretzels
- ½ cup Sprinkles, chocolate chips, and nuts, Optional
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper (or foil)
- Place the chopped chocolate into a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in the microwave on high for 30 seconds, remove, and stir very well. Continue melting in 15-second increments, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is completely smooth. Add coconut oil or shortening and stir to combine. Alternatively, put the chocolate in a small saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- With a large fork, or candy dipping tool, dip each pretzel into the chocolate until completely covered. Lift and let excess chocolate drip off into the bowl.
- Transfer to lined baking sheets and cover with sprinkles or nuts, if using.
- Allow to dry for about 1 hour.
- Store in air tight container for about 2 weeks, or package in cello bags as gifts.