Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels only need 3 ingredients and take just 15-minutes to make
Perfect for a quick treat or a packaged gift for the holidays
These pretzels are super easy to put together and you only need 3 ingredients plus decorations. I love to use the bigger pretzels, but you can also use minis or regular size.
Types of Chocolate to use for Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels:
- Dark Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate
The possibilities are endless because Chocolate Dipped Pretzels can be dipped in white, milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate. I prefer the taste of dark, but I love the look of the white pretzels!
Be sure to use the best quality chocolate available to you, because chocolate is the shining star of this treat. If you use couverture chocolate your pretzels will have a beautiful shine and snap.
How to make Chocolate Dipped Pretzels:
While these pretzels are a snap to make there are a few quick tips to ensure success:
- Melt bars or chunks of chocolate, but do not use chocolate chips. Chocolate chips have stabilizers in them and you won’t get the nice glossy look you want. Also, the chocolate won’t harden as well.
- Once the chocolate is melted add a small amount of shortening or coconut oil to smooth out the chocolate and create a high gloss.
- Prep everything ahead of time because once you start dipping the pretzels you will want to keep moving.
- Line baking trays with parchment paper, a Silpat liner, or foil. Lining the trays will prevent the pretzels from sticking to the tray after they are dry.
- Submerge one pretzel at a time.
- As you lift out each pretzel to dry let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. I use a Wilton slotted candy spoon, but you can use a fork as well.
- Add any sprinkles, chopped candies, mini chocolate chips, or chopped nuts to the pretzel tops.
- Dry the pretzels for about one hour after they are dipped.
- Store in a sealed container or bag.
How far in advance can I make chocolate dipped pretzels?
These delicious treats keep well for up to 3 weeks. Be sure the pretzels are completely dry and stored in a sealed container or a sealed plastic bag.
Have fun decorating with sprinkles!
The best part of making Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels is decorating them. So, get out a variety of your favorite sprinkles, chopped nuts, chopped candies, and mini chocolate chips. If you want to make them extra fancy drizzle the opposite color chocolate over the top of the pretzels in a zig-zag fashion.
It’s important to decorate the pretzels right after you dip them, and while they are still wet so that the toppings stick. Let sit for at least one hour afterward to ensure they are completely dry.
Package in a beautiful cello bag or a gift can for a fun and delicious gift.
Looking for more sweet treats?
We have a lot of ideas for delicious sweet snacks!
- Easy Drop Sugar Cookies – another fun way to use sprinkles!
- Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Baked Churro Donuts
- Cinnamon Baked Pears
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Apples
Easy Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- 8 oz dark, milk or white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening
- 24 large pretzels
- ½ cup Sprinkles, chocolate chips, and nuts, Optional
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper, foil, or a Silpat non-stick mat
- Place the chopped chocolate into a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in the microwave on high for 30 seconds, remove, and stir. Continue melting in 15-second increments, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is completely smooth. Add coconut oil or shortening and stir to combine until smooth. Alternatively, put the chocolate in a small saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- With a large fork, or candy dipping tool, dip each pretzel into the chocolate until completely covered. Lift and let excess chocolate drip off into the bowl.
- Transfer dipped pretzel to lined baking sheets and cover with sprinkles or nuts, if using.
- Allow to dry for about 1 hour.
- Store in air tight container for about 2 weeks, or package in cello bags as gifts.
So simple and so fun to make!! Yum, sweet and salty
This is a fun homemade remake that I’ve never tried before! Thanks for the idea!
This was a huge hit at my house! Everyone really loved it!
I can’t believe you only need three ingredients for these – they look absolutely fabulous. And cute, too 🙂 Perfect treat to have on a holiday table!
Thanks Mirlene! They are quick and really tasty
I love how easy these are to make! Giving them as gifts for Christmas this year!
Thanks Mary I hope you will like these!