Arugula beet avocado salad is a great start to your dinner or a beautiful light lunch. Arugula has a peppery quality, so toss with our classic lemon vinaigrette for a perfect pairing.
There are so many flavor elements that make this arugula salad a favorite of ours, but you can add or subtract additional ingredients to make it your own, as well. The key is to use the freshest ingredients possible, and the best extra virgin olive oil.Jump to Recipe
Prepping your salad ingredients:
When prepping the ingredients for this salad try to cut everything so that the pieces are equal in size.
- Slice the radishes thinly. Using a mandoline will speed up the process and give you even slices.
- The beets and avocados work best if cut into medium-sized chunks of about 1″ inch in size.
- Choose a slightly firm avocado for the best results.
- Chilling the goat cheese makes it easier to crumble. Substitute gorgonzola if you prefer for a tangier flavor.
How to Supreme an Orange:
We use fresh mandarin orange slices, but you could substitute the canned variety. The best way to use fresh oranges is to supreme them. This is a method where you remove the peel, pith, and membrane. If you supreme an orange it makes your salad look like it came from a restaurant!
Follow our step by step instructions to supreme an orange or any other citrus.
Top with Candied Pecans:
Top the salad with toasted chopped pecans, or make our addicting chopped spicy Candied Pecans, for added flavor.
Making fresh lemon vinaigrette:
Our lemon vinaigrette is a classic vinaigrette recipe. This basic recipe allows you to make any variety of vinaigrettes as long as you use the same proportion of acid to oil.
The ratio for classic vinaigrette is always:
1 part acid to 3 parts oil
To make a smooth vinaigrette use a blender or small food processor. Blend everything, except the oil. Slowly drizzle the oil in and continue to blend. If mixing by hand, use the same method and whisk vigorously. Add the shallots last if hand whisking.
Looking for other salads or vinaigrette dressing ideas?
- Tricolore Salad with Oranges topped with Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
- Try our Classic Champagne or Balsamic Vinaigrettes
- Brussel Sprout Pomegranate Salad
Arugula Beet Avocado Salad Recipe
- 8 cups Arugula
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 1 medium avocado cut into medium dice
- 1 cup beets cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted or candied pecans, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced, optional
- In a small food processor or a blender add lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and shallot. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until well combined. Set aside while making the salad. This dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead and kept refrigerated. Shake well before using.
- Prepare all ingredients and toss with the arugula in a large bowl to combine. Add lemon vinaigrette and gently toss again. Divide equally into 4 bowls to serve.