Honey Roasted Cashews are the perfect salty and sweet snack!
Set these cashews out at your next gathering and watch them disappear. Just 5 ingredients make this the ideal snack and they taste better than the store bought version. They are perfect for a road trip too.Jump to Recipe
Just 5 ingredients for Honey Roasted Cashews or Peanuts:
The combination of sweet, salty, and some spicy heat (from the cayenne) make these irresistible. Most people love the combination of sweet and salty, so these honey roasted cashews will become your new favorite.
- 16 ounces cashews (or peanuts)
- Sea Salt
Adjust the seasonings, especially the cayenne, to your taste. I use salted cashews and just a teaspoon of sea salt. If you use unsalted cashews you may need to add more salt.
How to make Honey Roasted Cashews:
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat style non-stick mat or a piece of parchment paper (this makes for super easy clean up)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add honey and microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove and add the cayenne, sea salt and half of the sugar (¼ cup) and blend well
- Stir in the cashews and quickly mix well to coat
- Pour onto baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir and continue roasting for about 12-15 more minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining sugar and let rest for 3-5 minutes on the pan undisturbed
- Once cooled break nuts apart and serve in a bowl or store sealed in a container
Tips for honey roasting nuts:
When roasting nuts always lay them in a single layer on the pan so they carmelize evenly.
Be sure to let the cashews cool on the tray for about 3-5 minutes. This gives the sugar a chance to harden. Once cooled you can snap the cashews apart.
Can I substitute peanuts to make Honey Roasted Peanuts?
Yes, you can easily substitute peanuts for the cashews and make Honey Roasted Peanuts. Peanuts are equally tasty in this recipe and more economical than cashews. The cooking process is exactly the same.
This Honey Roasted Cashews recipe is versatile. If you want to mix it up there are many different ways to change the flavor by adding a few different spices or spice combinations. Here are a few to try:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or cardamom
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- Substitute chile powder for the cayenne
Packaging Honey Roasted Nuts
Consider making a larger batch of these nuts, and packaging in a clear bag or jar for a nice small gift.
Love Pecans? Try our easy Candied Pecan recipe too!
These honey roasted nuts will go perfectly with other small bites, appetizers or cocktails:
- Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- Add to a beautiful Cheese Board
- Moscow Mules
- Blackberry Champagne Cocktails
- Classic Aperol Spritz (Spritz Veneziano)
Honey Roasted Cashews Recipe
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp cayenne, more to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 16 ounces cashews, roasted and salted, Or peanuts, roasted and salted
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat mat. Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add honey and microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until mixture starts to bubble. Remove and add the cayenne, sea salt and half of the sugar (¼ cup) and blend well.
- Add cashews to the honey mixture and stir very quickly to coat.
- Spread nuts in a single layer onto prepared pan and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning. Nuts should be golden brown and lightly roasted. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup sugar. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and then break apart. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container or mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. The nuts will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- No cashews on hand – feel free to sub in skinned peanuts or pecans
Wow! These are delicious. I subbed Mike’s Hot Honey instead of and they turned out wonderfully spicy. These would be so good on a melted wheel of brie with some cranberries. Too bad they won’t be around long enough to try (;
Oh love the hot honey idea! Thanks for sharing.
These are the perfect snack to have! I love the kick from they cayenne along with the sweetness from the honey on these crunchy cashews!
I have been making lots of roasted nuts lately both for snacks and for tossing in salads and these cashews are so delicious! We can’t stop eating them. Great recipe!
This was such a fun way to dress up regular cashews!! They were slightly sweet, crunchy and so delicious!
These are super addicting. We finish the cashew nuts in one sitting! Need to make multiple batches for next time.
Oh my! I’m not sure if I can make these again since I have absolutely no self control lol. So delicious!
Oh my, these should come with a warning! They are so delicious and highly addictive! Thanks for the awesome recipe.
Can I use almonds?
Yes, almonds work well too. Thanks for stopping by!
I am literally living off of cashews right now so this recipe is heaven sent! Thank you for sharing! They are my favorite, I can’t wait to try this recipe out!
Love how easy these are to make! They’re sure to disappear fast!
The perfect snack and so easy to make!
This is the type of a snack I would chew on a couple of times a day. Delicious and addictive – no doubt about that!
These are definitely addicting! I love cashews and could eat them all day….especially honey roasted ones!
Oh great recipe and your right they are addictive!! I assume all wines go with cashews- YEAH!!
Thank you Deb! Cashews and wine are an amazing combo!