Pineapple Vodka Cocktail is the perfect marriage of flavors
Pineapple martinis are like sunshine in a glass!
I originally had a version of this refreshing cocktail in Maui years ago. I pleaded with the bartender for the recipe, and have been making them ever since. This martini is really easy to make with just 3 ingredients, plus garnish.
The vanilla vodka in this drink gives it a special twist. We like to make our own (and we will show you how below) but you can buy flavored vodka everywhere. We also show you how to perfectly sugar the rim of a cocktail glass.
The original recipe calls for kaffir lime juice, but that variety of lime can be somewhat hard to find, so I experimented with regular lime juice to make it easier to make. If you are able to find kaffir limes definitely use them for this drink. They have a beautiful flavor.
Ingredients for Pineapple Vodka Cocktails:
There a just a few ingredients needed which makes this a super easy, fun drink to mix up!
- Vanilla Vodka
- Pineapple Juice
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Sugar for the rim of the glass
- Pineapple wedges for garnish
- Ice for the cocktail shaker
How to sugar the rim of a cocktail glass:
One of the most delicious parts of this cocktail is the sugared rim. It’s a quick and simple touch that makes any cocktail special. Sugaring works especially well with cocktails that have tart ingredients.
- Place 2 tablespoons of sugar in a shallow bowl or plate
- Wet the rim of the glass – for this recipe we use a wedge of pineapple, but you could use a lime or any other fruit, depending on your drink.
- Try to evenly swipe around the rim so you have even lines when you dip the glass
- Dip rim of the glass in the sugar and move around lightly to evenly coat all of the rim
- Allow glass to dry and sugar to set while you are making the cocktails
How to make a Pineapple Vodka Cocktail
- If possible, chill all of the ingredients ahead of time, for an icy cold drink
- Cut fresh pineapple slices for the garnish and set aside
- Sugar the rim of the glasses as directed above and let them dry while prepping cocktails
- In a large cocktail shaker add vanilla vodka, pineapple juice and lime juice.
- Fill with ice and seal the shaker
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds
- Strain cocktail into the sugared glasses
- Garnish with pineapple slices and serve
How to make homemade Vanilla Vodka:
Vanilla vodka drinks are my favorite kind of cocktails. There are so many possibilities. It’s super simple to make your own infused vanilla vodka and this will guarantee a clean taste with no artificial additives or flavors.
Infused vodka recipes are super popular right now and so easy to make in your own kitchen. Infusing is simple! Just add your favorite ingredient and let the flavors meld together.
Here is my basic Vanilla Vodka Recipe:
- Pour 12 ounces of plain vodka in a resealable bottle or jar
- Cut in half and then split open 2 vanilla beans
- Drop them into the vodka, making sure they are fully submerged
- Seal the bottle and shake well
- Vanilla vodka will be ready to use in just a few hours for a light vanilla flavor. However, it will develop a fuller richer vanilla flavor after about 3 days. Shake occasionally while infusing and before each use.
Store the vanilla vodka in the freezer and it will keep indefinitely. I add more vodka as I use it. The beans will last for many refills.
If you keep the vanilla vodka at room temperature for an extended time (about 2 months) it will eventually become vanilla extract (this is how easy it is to make homemade vanilla!). See our Homemade Vanilla Extract post for full details on how to make and bottle your own vanilla.
Looking for other vodka cocktail ideas?
- Our Blueberry Vodka Cocktail is a reader favorite!
- Try our Blackberry Champagne Cocktail for an elegant but easy drink
- Watermelon Vodka Cocktails are super refreshing with just 4 ingredients
- Our Cucumber Mint Cocktails are a weekend favorite
- This Lemon Drop Martini also has a gorgeous sugared rim and a bright sunny flavor
Pineapple Vodka Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- 3 ounces Vanilla Vodka
- 3 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar, for rim of glass (or enough to cover)
- 2 pineapple slices, for garnish
- ice for cocktail shaker
Homemade Vanilla Vodka – optional
- 12 ounce vodka
- 2 vanilla beans
For One Cocktails:
- Chill all ingredients ahead of time if possible
- Place 2 tablespoons of sugar on a plate. Run a piece of cut pineapple around the edge of a chilled glass. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar, gently turn to coat and allow to dry while you prepare the martinis.
- In a large cocktail shaker add vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, and lime juice. Fill with ice and seal.
- Shake vigorously to combine. Strain liquid equally into sugar rimmed glasses.
- Add pineapple wedge garnish to each cocktail and serve
To Make Homemade Vanilla Vodka:
- Pour the vodka in a resealable bottle
- Split open the vanilla beans and drop into the vodka
- Seal and shake well. Shake off and on over 3-5 days for best flavor. Store in the freezer. This vodka will keep for a few months.
Pineapple, vanilla, VODKA, lime juice.. What’s not to like! Can’t wait to try this cocktail this summer!
Love a sweet cocktail with a kick and this is no exception! Perfect for spring and summer; can’t wait to make this all season long!
This cocktail was so sweet and refreshing!! Was the perfect way to end my evening tonight!
I cannot wait to try this cocktail – I simply love pineapple – it’s my fruit of summer 🙂
This drink is perfect for tomorrow night! My hubby and I are going to love this drink! Saved to my bookmarks!
I made this tonight and my husband and i loved it! This is my new favorite cocktail!