Are you ready for the most refreshing Cucumber Mint Drinks?
This gorgeous cooler is made with vodka, cucumber, mint simple syrup, lime juice, fresh mint, and topped with sparkling water. If you are looking for a perfectly light, clean-tasting drink this is it!
You can also make a great cucumber mocktail with this recipe by simply omitting the vodka
Ready to get started? Just click on our ”Jump To Recipe” button below to go straight to the recipe card. For tips, processes, and substitutions keep reading. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our affiliate disclosure for details. We only recommend products to you that we love ♥️ and use.Jump to Recipe
Cucumber Mint Cocktail ingredients:
Be sure to use the freshest ingredients for this cocktail. This drink tastes like summer in a glass and the freshest produce works best.
- Cucumbers – we used small cucumbers, also called Persian cucumbers, but any type will work
- Simple Syrup Infused with Mint – the secret ingredient for lots of added mint flavor!
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice – makes sure to use fresh, not bottled, lime juice
- Vodka – use cold vodka for the best results and a super chilly drink
- Sparkling Water – plain (or try lime flavored)
- Fresh Mint – you’ll need one bunch for leaves and sprigs
How to make Simple Syrup with Mint
The secret to this amazing drink is the simple syrup infused with fresh mint leaves.
Simple syrup is easy to make and you can add any flavor you like. Simple syrup is great to have on hand when making cocktails. To learn more about infusing simple syrups with flavor visit our step-by-step How to Make Simple Syrup post.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- In a small saucepan combine equal parts water and sugar
- Bring to a low simmer and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved
- Add the mint leaves
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Let steep for about 15 minutes
- Let cool until ready to use, whisk again, and then strain into a measuring cup
- Store in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month
How do you know when simple syrup is done?
The best way to test if all of the sugar is completely dissolved is to carefully scoop up a small amount of the hot mixture with a spoon. There should be no sugar crystals remaining in the liquid. If you see any then just boil a little longer until all of the sugar dissolves.
How to make Cucumber Mint Drinks (with Vodka)
- Make the mint simple syrup and cool it completely
- Finely dice cucumber pieces with the skin on
- Slice some cucumber for garnish – either slices or spears (or both) – and reserve
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into a measuring cup
- In a large cocktail shaker add diced cucumber pieces, simple syrup, and lime juice
- Muddle (smash) the cucumber pieces with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon
- Add vodka and crushed ice to the shaker
- Shake for about 30 seconds for the best results
- Remove the top of the shaker and pour everything into glasses, including the ice
- Top with sparkling water and add more ice if needed and then give it a quick stir
- Garnish with mint sprigs and cucumber rounds or spears
How long does simple syrup last?
Once cooled and refrigerated the mixture will last in the refrigerator for about 4 weeks. However, just like anything else, use your best judgment, and if it becomes cloudy it’s time to toss it and make a fresh batch.
Looking for other cocktail ideas?
- Classic Aperol Spritz
- Homemade Bloody Mary Mix
- Blueberry Vodka Cocktails
- Watermelon Vodka Cocktail
- Blackberry Champagne Cocktail
Cucumber Mint Drink
- Cocktail Shaker
Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 5 sprigs mint
Cucumber Mint Vodka Cocktail
- 2 Tablespoons Cucumber, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup (recipe above)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 oz Vodka
- 8 oz Sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- 2 Mint sprigs, for garnish
- 2 slices Cucumber, for garnish
Mint Simple Syrup
- In a small heavy-bottom saucepan add sugar and water. Bring to a low boil, and cook until sugar dissolves.½ cup sugar, ½ cup water
- Turn off heat, stir in mint leaves, and cover the pan. Allow mixture to steep for at least 15 minutes. Strain into a glass jar and cool.5 sprigs mint
- This recipe makes 1 cup of syrup so there will be leftover. The Syrup can be kept sealed in refrigerator for 1-month.
Cucumber Mint Vodka Cocktail
- Finely dice 2 Tbsp cucumber. Cut 2 extra round or long slices for garnish.2 Tablespoons Cucumber, finely diced
- Add diced cucumber, 2 tablespoons cooled simple syrup and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Muddle (smash) the cucumber for about 1-minute with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.2 Tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup, 2 Tablespoons Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Add vodka and crushed ice to the shaker. Shake vigorously for about 30-seconds.4 oz Vodka, Crushed ice
- Remove the lid of the shaker and pour evenly into two cocktail glasses, including ice and cucumber pieces. (Strain if you don't want the cucumber pieces in the glasses).
- Top each glass to the top with sparkling water.8 oz Sparkling water
- Garnish with cucumber slices or rounds and a mint sprig.2 Mint sprigs, for garnish, 2 slices Cucumber, for garnish
- If you want more detailed instructions about making Simple Syrup read this full post with step by steps.
- Want a Cucumber Mocktail instead? Just omit the vodka