This Blood Orange Creamsicle Martini is frothy, dreamy and gorgeous!
Every year when blood oranges become available at the farmers market or grocery store I try to find new ways to use them in food and drinks.
This fun “pink drink” owes its beautiful color to blood oranges. You can also make it with regular oranges and it will have a traditional orange color. These fun orange creamsicle martinis are easy to make and have such a wow factor!
Use high quality ingredients:
Because you really taste every element of this cocktail always use the best ingredients available to you.
Here’s what you’ll need for this drink:
- Blood Orange or Navel/Valencia Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
- Vodka, plain or vanilla
- Simple Syrup or Triple Sec
- Half & Half or Cream
- Sparkling Soda Water
- Zest from oranges for garnish, optional
Mixing up different ingredients:
The great thing about this Blood Orange Martini recipe is that you can swap out a few ingredients to make your own version.
Vanilla vodka is perfect in this drink but it also tastes great with unflavored vodka.
I use half & half in my recipe because I always have that in my refrigerator, but it’s even more delicious and creamy with heavy cream.
Simple syrup is easily swapped out for Triple Sec. Triple Sec is a clear orange-flavored sweet liquor.
Blood orange juice gives this version of the recipe it’s pink hue but the classic orange creamsicle martini is made with fresh juice from regular oranges. Valencia and Navel oranges are always available, whereas blood oranges have a shorter season (usually December through April).
How to make an Orange Creamsicle Martini
In order to make the martinis super frothy, you will need to use a cocktail shaker. Here’s the link to the shaker we use because it’s the ideal size.
- Add about 1/2 cup of ice to the shaker
- Zest the orange before squeezing, for optional garnish, and reserve
- Add vodka, half & half (or cream), orange juice, and simple syrup (or Triple Sec)
- Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds. Make sure you shake enough to really chill the drink
- Strain into martini or cocktail glass
- Add sparkling soda water to fill drink to the top of the glass
- Sprinkle with reserved zest, or garnish with an orange slice
Orange Creamsicle Martini
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 oz orange juice, freshly squeezed, see note
- 1 oz vanilla or unflavored vodka
- 1 Tbsp Half and Half or cream
- ½ tsp simple syrup or Triple Sec
- 4-6 oz sparkling soda water, amount depends on size of glass
- Orange zest or orange wedge, optional garnish
- Zest half of the orange and set aside
- Add 1/2 cup ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add orange juice, vodka, half & half, and simple syrup to the shaker
- Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds
- Strain into a martini or champagne glass
- Fill to the top with sparkling soda water
- Garnish with a sprinkle of zest, or and orange wedge