Make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice with just 6 spices
Great for Fall syrups, pumpkin spice lattes, pies, pancakes, cakes and more
The warm and fragrant scent of Pumpkin Pie Spice dates back to early America. It has become a hallmark of Thanksgiving meals and Fall recipes, with families gathering together.
Through the years pumpkin pie recipes have evolved with the addition of spices. Making a great Pumpkin Pie has become a Fall holiday tradition.
What is in Pumpkin Pie Spice?
There are the six spices you will need to make this simple spice recipe:
- Powdered Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Ground Cloves
How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice:
Simply blend all 6 spices together in a bowl, or just add to a glass jar, and shake. Be sure to shake every time you use to make sure it’s well blended.
This recipe makes about one ounce of the spice mixture, and a little bit will go a long way. If you are planning to bake a lot you can easily double or triple this recipe. Most recipes will use 1-2 tablespoons.
Store in a cool dry place, tightly sealed. It will remain fresh for about 6-months.
Ideas for using Pumpkin Spice:
The possibilities are endless but here are a few favorites
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread or Muffins
- French Toast – sprinkle into your egg batter
- Pumpkin Pancakes – Add 1 teaspoon to our Buttermilk Pancake recipe
- Add to your favorite Carrot Cake batter and icing
- Banana Bread – add 1 teaspoon to our Buttermilk Banana Bread recipe
- Coffee Cake – try it in our Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
(When adding to cakes and muffin recipes, just add into the flour mixture)
Making homemade Pumpkin Spice syrup is a super simple way to use this spice mix. Perfect for Pumpkin Lattes!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- 4 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 Tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake well. Keep in cool dry place for up to 6 months