This homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes like Autumn in a mug!
There is a lot of love for the Pumpkin Spice Latte that was made famous by Starbucks. This seasonal favorite comes back every Fall and for good reason! It’s creamy, flavorful, and really delicious!
What’s not to love? Well, maybe the artificial ingredients, the cost, and the fact that you have to leave your cozy house on a Sunday morning to get your “fix”! We came up with a version we love and we think you will too.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for a Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/4 cup very strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 8 ounces milk
- Whipped cream for garnish
Making homemade ingredients:
The first step is to make our all-purpose easy Pumpkin Pie Spice. You can also pick up a jar at any market. This spice blend can be used all season for pies, bread, scones, and muffins, but we started off by using it in our Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
Our Pumpkin Spice Syrup is easy to make and is honestly like Fall liquid gold! Pour it on pancakes and waffles, or use as a base for a pumpkin glaze on cakes. It makes a fun mixer in a cocktail, as well. We love it in Pumpkin Spice Martinis and Pumpin Pie Milkshakes.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Lattes:
Here is our foolproof recipe for a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte!
This recipe is for an 8-ounce latte. Adjust accordingly if you want a larger serving.
- Prepare 1-2 shots of your favorite espresso, or 1/4 cup strong coffee, and add to a coffee mug
- Add 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree, 1 Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice mix, and 1 Tbsp of homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup and mix to combine
- Froth 1 cup of milk until hot and foamy. I use nonfat or 2% but any type will work. If you don’t have a frother use your blender to froth
- You can also substitute almond or soy milk but keep in mind it won’t froth up quite the same
- Add the frothy milk to the espresso mix
- Top with fresh whipped cream
- Dust with a pinch of cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Sit back in your pajamas and enjoy!
No espresso machine? No problem
If you don’t have an espresso maker just substitute a really strong cup of coffee. Since espresso is stronger you will need to double the amount if using strong coffee.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Espresso Maker
- Milk Frother (or blender)
- 1-2 shots espresso Depending on how strong you like your lattes (or 1/4 cup very strong coffee)
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice mix
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 cup milk
- Whipped Cream, for garnish
- Brew 1-2 shots of espresso and add to a mug.
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice mix, and the pumpkin spice syrup to the espresso in the mug and stir well to combine.
- Froth 1 cup of milk and slowly pour it into the mug of espresso.
- Top with whipped cream and dust with a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice mix. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired