The beauty of making your own taco seasoning mix is the ability to tweak it to make it your own. I make 2 versions – one spicy and one medium. If you like it hot, just add more cayenne! It only takes about 5-minutes and you likely have all the ingredients in your pantry.
If you are watching your sodium just omit the salt. Most packaged taco seasoning mix has a lot of salt and stabilizers included. If you like to eat gluten-free this is a great mix for you, as well.
It can easily be doubled or even tripled if you use it every week as we do. Make sure your spices are fresh when you begin.Jump to Recipe
Try this on our Turkey Tacos
Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 6 tsp cumin, ground
- 6 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne. or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Store in an airtight jar and keep in a cool, dry place.
- Use 3-4 tablespoons mix for every pound of meat, or to taste. Recipe can be doubled