This Homemade Irish Cream recipe had been in our family for years and is one of my all-time favorites. Whether it’s being made to enjoy with family and friends or to bring to a holiday gathering this recipe is always a crowd pleaser. With each sip, it provides a rich creamy alcohol rush and offers a multi-sensory feeling to the palate.
Homemade Irish Cream made two ways:
We are providing two amazing options for this holiday classic. The original family recipe calls for 2 raw eggs. For your friends that have a sensitivity to eggs, we offer a different equally wonderful option. We have listed both options in the recipe card below.
First Option – the Original Recipe
In a blender combine the heavy whipping cream, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Blend well. Add two eggs, Hershey’s Chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and Irish Whiskey. Blend until completely mixed.
Second Option with Espresso
In a blender combine heavy whipping cream, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Blend well. Add instant espresso powder, click here to find on Amazon, Hershey’s Chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and Irish Whiskey. Blend until completely mixed.
Serving Homemade Irish Cream
This lovely recipe makes a wonderful aperitif on its own or as an accompaniment with dessert. You can serve straight over ice or as an addition to coffee.
There are also a number of cocktails recipes, that when you add this Irish Cream, go from good to crazy good! Add our Easy Pumpkin Spice Syrup to this recipe and you can make our Pumpkin Spice Martinis all year long.
This Irish Cream recipe can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to three weeks or served immediately.
We love to package Irish Cream and share it with our friends. There are so many beautiful bottles to choose from nowadays. You can also create a fun gift tag to add to the bottle, which gives the name, the shelf life, and the refrigeration instructions.
Homemade Irish Cream
- Glass bottles
- ¾ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Milk
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 eggs , (optional can be made with instant espresso powder instead of eggs)
- 1 Tbsp Instant Espresso Powder, (optional, can be used instead of 2 eggs)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on medium speed until thoroughly mixed. Can be served immediately. Keep refrigerated.
- Original recipe uses 2 eggs. Option: Substitute 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder. Use either eggs or instant espresso powder option. Do not use both if you want to maximize the rich flavor of the Irish Cream.
- Irish Cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.